Are you shopping for a new computer this Holiday Season, but not sure what to look for?
Have you spent too much time perusing ads or websites?
Understanding the specifications of the computer can be confusing, and sometimes even a little misguiding.
Houston IT Consulting expert, Cheryl Smith, gives you a few pointers on what to look for when shopping for a new computer:
1. AMD and Intel Processor’s are the most popular and you really can’t go wrong with either one.
2. 2GB of RAM Memory is most often offered, but 3 or 4 would be better for most users.
3. 500GB hard drive is enough for the average user and is usually included. Anything less probably isn’t going to satisfy you.
If you are a computer “gamer” or media buff, these specifications might not be sufficient. Faster processor, more memory, upgraded video card, and most likely 1Terabyte hard drive will be necessary.
Computers with remote pc support can be a worthwhile investment, but knowing what is included in the plans needs to be clear. How long does the technical support last? How do you contact your computer services consultants?
You may also want to keep an eye out for how many USB ports are included. These days, we use these ports for our printers, scanners, cameras and portable, and memory drives.
Lastly, be sure to know exactly what is included in the computer purchase prior to handing over your money. Is there a monitor, keyboard, mouse, printer, etc. included? What is the warranty?
We hope you have found this information helpful. If you would like to learn more about this subject, please feel free to contact us:
· Questions about this article?
· Suggest a topic
· Learn more about our Houston computer services